This healthy chicken pasta salad makes a great lunch or dinner and can be saved in the refrigerator for leftovers! Try this as part of your Bariatric weight loss diet plan!
- 2 cups of cooked, shredded, chicken breast-seasoned with lemon and pepper
- ½ pound of cooked penne pasta
- ½ cup of shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of fresh, whole corn kernels
- ½ cup of diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup of sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- ½ cup of diced plum tomato
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of diced, canned chipotle chilies in an adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
1Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl then add the chicken, vegetables (not the chilies) and cheese. Mix well.
2In another bowl combine the juices, olive oil, chilies and salt, stir thoroughly.
3Drizzle the sauce over the pasta mixture and toss to evenly coat the salad.
The salad can last several days in the refrigerator.
Share your recipes with us on Instagram @BariMelts
Save this article for later by pinning the image below: